*We make suggestions for "organic" when recipes include foods that are from the dirty dozen (foods with the highest levels of toxic pesticides) to help parents learn which foods contain highest levels of chemicals and which do not.Healthy School Snack Ideas
- Organic apple slices and sesame seed butter
- Fruit slices and organic cream cheese (cream cheese (at room temperature) with 1/4 cup undiluted apple juice or orange juice concentrate and a dash of cinnamon. Stir vigorously until smooth. Serve with organic apple and pear slices, organic strawberries, and banana chunks for dipping
- Fruit skewers - simply cut any fresh fruit in season into bite-sized chunks and alternate on wooden or bamboo skewers with organic grapes
- Dried fruit strips
- Dried fruits such as organic raisins, dates, apricots
- Organic granola
- Organic cheese
- Organic applesauce
- Ants on a log (organic celery with sesame seed butter and raisins)
- Baby carrots
- Orange slices
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Organic pickles (bubbies brand is loaded with probiotics!)
- Carrots, organic celery with Hummus dipping sauce
- Banana pops (dip in yogurt and freeze)
- Organic frozen grapes and kiwi
- Sliced star fruit
- Watermelon slices
- Cantelope chunks
- Organic apple slices
- Fruit salad
- Stonyfield Farm yogurt cups or smoothies
- Organic grapes
- A box of organic raisins
- Pineapple slices with organic blueberries
- Organic berry mix
- Sliced pears with sesame seed butter
- Homemade organic popcorn with light sea salt sprinke (cook on the stove with refined coconut oil (what movie theaters used to use) or organic canola oil! Don't bring microwave popcorn as micowave popcorn is one of the most toxic foods you can eat and organic as nearly ALL corn is GMO!) Reference here
Pumpkin Muffins >>>
*Substitutes- Boxed Pumpkin for Canned, Use Organic Applesauce to avoid chemicals like HFCS
Sweet Potato Fries >>>
Oat Banana Cookies >>>
All the fun of cookies and nothing but healthy!
*Use organic applesauce
Blueberry Muffins >>>
*Substitute coconut or olive oil for vegetable oil as it is unhealthy and GMO, use organic milk and blueberries
Make Your Own Granola >>>
*Substitute olive oil or coconut oil for canola oil or use organic canola. All canola is GMO
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds >>>
Oatmeal Pumpkin Pancakes >>>
*Substitute Olive or coconut oil for canola or use organic canola to avoid GMO, use organic milk
Strawberry and Banana Crepes >>>
*Use organic strawberries and bread without HFCS (High fructose corn syrup)
Homemade Baked Chicken Nuggets >>>
*Use organic bread crumbs to avoid HFCS and other preservatives etc
Banana Cookies >>>
*Substitute coconut or olive oil instead of vegetable oil which is unhealthy, use organic applesauce
Cool Hot Pink Potato Chips (Made From Beets!) >>>
Apple Cookies >>>
*Use organic applesauce
10 Healthy Snack Ideas For Kids >>>
via Katy on Pinterest
via Katy on Pinterest
Love this: Good morning, Sunshine! Cute!!!
Orange and grape butterflies
Grape caterpillars with frosting/chocolate chip eyes.
Christmas Tree Vegetable Platter
Grape caterpillars- fun & healthy snack kids love!
Fruit kabobs- a classic, fun, healthy snack.
This will probably come out better than my protein bars
Healthy Snack for Kids
50+ Healthy Kids Snack Ideas | Tastes Better From Scratch
homemade snacks non-processed foods (and a list of 85 other snacks that we usually do anyway... I'm
Healthy Snacks for Kids: 23 Toddler-friendly Ideas Is your tot too busy — or full — to eat much at m
50+ Healthy Kids Snack Ideas roundup on TastesBetterFromS...
Healthy Snacks and Food Ideas for Toddlers - Toddler Ice Cube Tray Buffet (because our babies will m
Moore Minutes: Healthy Fruit Summer Snacks for Kids (PART TWO)
Home-made fruit snacks, like the Gerber "Yogurt bites/Fruit bites" but with REAL, WHOLE food! I can
Christmas Snack: Grinches with Santa hats - grapes, bananas, strawberries, marshmallows.
Fruit candy cane... fun for Christmas morning
Fun healthy snack to do with kids around Halloween :)
School Lunches Ideas
School lunch idea in cute container from laptoplunches.com!
If you are feeling uninspired this evening here are some healthy school lunch ideas for tomorrow...
A roundup of of Brain-Boosting Lunch Box Recipes
Sites for Kids
1. Avoid High Pesticide Foods
Foods With The Highest Levels Of Pesticides/ Chemicals/ Hormones *Best To Choose Organic if Possible
Grapes, Berries, Apples, Potatoes, Celery, Bell Peppers, Peaches, Strawberries, Nectarines, Spinach, Lettuce, Cucumbers, Green Beans, Corn
Foods With The Lowest Levels
Kiwi, Grapefruit, Watermelon, Sweet Potatoes, Broccoli, Onions, Pineapples, Avocado, Cabbage, Sweet Peas, Asparagus, Mangos, Eggplant, Mushrooms www.ewg.org/foodnews/summary
2. Avoid Canned Foods
Canned foods have extremely high levels of BPA, especially canned tomatoes. Opt for tetrapacks (boxed), jarred, or fresh is best!
3. Avoid GMOs
The easiest way to avoid genetically modified foods is by avoiding processed foods period. Over 90% of corn, soy, sugar, canola, cotton (oils) is GMO.
Get The Non GMO Shopping Guide